Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I want my...I want my MTV...

"We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchens deliveries
We gotta move these refrigerators
We gotta move these colour tv’s"


Well yesterday my new microwave oven arrived. It looks great so far...it's sitting door side down on my kitchen's island. Still waiting to go up.

DH got home yesterday with the final part he needed to fix our sprinkler system. See somehow we didn't get all the water drained out of it and the pipe burst with all the freezing we had this winter. So he worked on that before we had dinner as he needed sunlight to work on it.

So after dinner we looked at the directions for the new microwave and decided to take down the old dead one. We got the screws undone and tried to tilt it forward, but this old microwave didn't attach to the wall the same way. I guess we should have looked at the directions to see that it had arms that slide into the unit. Oh well we did get it all down and we placed the old dead microwave in the cardboard box that the new one came in. It made a nice coffin. We carried it out to the curb in the rain. A nicer funeral it couldn't have asked for.

I just hope that the rain didn't weaken the cardboard box too much for when the trash men come to carry it away. That would be a mess if it falls in the street.

DH worked on getting the old brackets down and was reading the directions for putting up the new one. Of course it hangs totally different than the old one. He ended up quitting before we did anything to install the new one. So it is still sitting door side down on my island. Hogging tons of valuable kitchen real estate.

DH has promised that the new machine will be installed this evening. I'll keep you posted.

Oh and how have I been cooking without a microwave since the 23rd? It has been a challenge. See normally I make a dinner to have leftovers for a day or so afterward and heat the leftovers in my microwave. That doesn't work so well with no microwave. We had pizza when it first died. Then we had pre-cooked roasted chicken from the store...heated in my crock pot. But cooking veggies on the stove was interesting. Luckily they still put the directions for how to do that on the package. Reheating veggies stove top has been fun. Oh and try reheating mashed potatoes on the stovetop. I tried transfering them to another dish and popping them in the oven, but that dried them out.

I hope we have a microwave tonight. DH suggested that we just plug it in on the island and I may have to take him up on that. LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a microwave, I hope that you get it in soon - or can just use it on the island for now :D

    I'm glad you figured out your blog, if you need any extra help you know i'm always here for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had the maggot fiasco and couldn't use our microwave, those were hard times in our household. (I was tempted to buy a counter top microwave to use in the meantime). It amazes me how dependant on microwave ovens I've become. Can't wait to hear that yours is up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did we manage before there were microwave ovens??? At least you have an option of plugging it in on the island temporarily so you won't starve. Let us know when DH gets it installed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny, but I seldom use my microwave - come to think of it, I seldom use my stove either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even remember what we did before the microwave came along. It makes life so much more simple. Hope it all got installed!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete