Friday, May 04, 2007

The one with the interview...

I've seen this interview meme going around and really didn't know if I wanted to do it or not, but then Kailani did it and it didn't seem all that bad, so I asked her to interview me. I figured I could just not answer if it was too bad...right? Well it's not too bad, so here goes...

What do you feel is the greatest challenge and reward of being a mother? Hummm I guess the greatest challenge for me was "bucking they system" as to how to do this whole parenting thing. I learned early on that it was okay (with some) to follow my heart and do this parenting thing the way that felt best for me...but I kept running into folks who insisted that they knew how to do it better and that I was all wrong. I'm glad that I am stubborn enough to ignore them and do it my own way because it has been great. And the greatest reward is that I have a really great kid, despite my "screwing it up" by not following the advice of all those who said I was wrong.

What is your greatest hope for Darly's future? My greatest hope is that she grows up happy. I want her to have the freedom to pick whatever path she chooses. For me, my Mom wanted me to grow up to be sucessful and not be just a housewife...which left me feeling undecided about what I wanted to do with my life. It wasn't until I became a mom that I finally figured it all out and I want Darly to have the security to try as much as she wants to but to be happy with all her choices.

If you could meet one famous person, living or deceased, who would it be and why? I've always said that I wanted to meet my Great Great Grandmother. She lived to be over 100 and was still living when I was a kid, but we never took the trip to go & visit her until it was too late. She lived through quite a bit of changes in our world and I would love to hear her stories. Oh and it would be cool to confirm what she thought of my grandmother...My grandmother says that they got along great but my great cousin says that GG thought my grandmother was a gold digging slut. =o

If you became President, what is the first thing you'd change?
Well first I would have to change how you become President because someone screwed up big time! hee hee Actually the job of President of the US is not something I would ever want to take on. I don't have the time or personality to give the job justice.

Do you think kids should be forced to try new foods? HA HA! This is so funny because Darly is the world's WORST PICKY EATER! She didn't start out that way...she used to eat anything I put in front of her. But thanks to me not following my heart and listening to the stupid pediatrician that she needed more iron in her diet she doesn't trust me anymore with foods and wont eat anything that "tastes funny." Yesterday at the zoo we got her a hot dog (I tried to talk her into the corn dog instead!) and it didn't taste right...I think they cooked it with the sour kraut that it was sitting in so she wouldn't eat it. I offered to trade her my corn dog, but she was warry of it too. Thankfully she did eat a good dinner.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, but Darly cannot have the crown for the "World's worst picky eater"...Twelve already wears it. Unless you want to change the title to the World's worst 8 year old picky eater. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful answers, Renee. I can't stand people who think they know everything there is to know about parenting.

    How are the rabbits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you can go wrong if you follow your heart. You know Darly best and should listen to your instincts. Thanks for playing along!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a picky eater too - it is NO fun. Especially when something simple (like a hot dog) doesn't "taste right". Oy.

    You're a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very thoughtful mom and Darly is very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you didn't listen to all the advice, Darly seems to be thriving.

    I'm glad you finally have the microwave installed, now mealtime will be much easier for you.

    13 years is pretty old for a car. Maybe you should paint your current car purple, it might be a good compromise with DH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wanted a corn dog for lunch today... I'd have eaten yours. :)

    ReplyDelete