Monday, January 07, 2008

Auditions are on again!

sadly they are not at Wendy's place, she decided that real life was much funner than the blogosphere.

So instead this audition will be hosted by An Island Life.

here's what she wrote: Do you remember Wendy’s Monthly Casting Calls? Sadly, a while back she decided to leave the blogging world and I really miss her and her auditions. It was a fun way to get to know new bloggers and so cool to interact with them in real time. In fact, I made some really great friends there and still keep in touch with them today.

For those not familiar with it, this is how it works. Auditions run for about 48 hours. During this time you should leave a comment showing off your virtual talents - singing, dancing, juggling (hee hee), etc.) - and shining in the spotlight. Everytime you “audition”, you’ll also need to visit the person who came before you and leave a comment on their blog. You may want to mention that you’re visiting via The Auditions so they know what’s going on. The person who comments after you will stop by your blog and leave a comment with you. . . and so on. Make sense? Feel free to come back and audition as many times as you wish. The more times you audition, the more visits you’ll get from other bloggers.

What do you think? Not only will you get to meet new bloggers and hopefully increase traffic and comments to your blog, a random winner will also be selected to receive cool button to display, and a permanent spot on my blogroll. If there’s enough interest, I may make this a monthly feature and add a spot in my sidebar to display the winner’s blog link until the next audition.

So if you’re ready, The Auditions are about to begin. Warm up those vocal chords, dust off the piano, or maybe even bust out the magic tricks - whatever your talent is, now it’s your turn to shine in the spotlight!


So if you're interested, head on over to An Island Life and show us your best stuff! Then go visit the commenter ahead of your comment and say Hi!

9 comments:

  1. I popped over from the island Auditions and wanted to thank you for making the auditions a little more understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the tip, Renee! I sure miss Ms Wings and the casting call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was fun! I sure hope she liked my tap dancing and my... ahem... singing...
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun...now I just have to go and find some 'talent' that I can share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiho. Just limped over from the auditions. Do not worry though, the chiropractor syas I will be fine in a few weeks.

    Nice blog you have. I too have a penchant for modest clothing for myself and my girlies. Now I'm off to check out "Moms for Modesty"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I pulled a groin muscle with my balance beam routine. :) But it's all good, I'm finding lots of fun blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, Good singing!! I remember those Friends episodes. I auditioned too. This is a kick! Nothing like singing and dancing our hearts out to a good friendly crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday during the auditions!

    ReplyDelete