Wednesday, January 16, 2008

PAIN

Yesterday I really messed myself up
Here's what I did to myself to mess me up...

First I started getting empty boxes together for my friend to help her move. While I was downstairs in the basement I started packing up the toys that Darly wants to get rid of to donate to charity to get them out of those boxes so I could give those boxes to my friend as well. That required a few trips running up and down the stairs. Then I had to haul all the boxes and the bags of toys upstairs and to my garage.

And I don't know why but I was coughing all day... (today I'm nasaly too so I guess I got sick somehow) At first I though I had just breathed in a bunch of dust from the basement. I was coughing so much that it was hurting my sides & back.

Then I stood and watched Darly's Gymnastics class for an hour.

And then at TNO last night the muscles in my legs just wouldn't calm down...they were all tight and I was very uncomfortable sitting in that chair for 3 hours. So I was a tight bundle of muscles the entire time.

By the time I got home I had a RAGING headache along with my legs and back hurting too. And I had fun trying to get warm as well.

Then wouldn't you know it, my stubborn daughter wouldn't go to bed! (Maybe I should just start going to bed myself anyway!) She wanted to read her books.

but I didn't want to take something for the pain because I was worried about konking out on the couch all night. So I was sitting there in pain and probably making it worse. Finally she was ready to go to bed and I took some naproxin but it took a while to kick in and for some odd reason it was making me hot. So it probably took me another hour to go to sleep.

Today I took some Ziacam and gargled with salt water. Gonna try some cough drops to see if I can at least stop coughing cuz it seems to be bringing back the headache.

And for those inquiring minds...

Yesterday I posted what I should be doing vs what I wanted to do. Here's what actually got done.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008
What I should be doing vs What I would rather be doing
Here's what I SHOULD be doing right now...

going through my empty boxes to give them to my friend who has to move this weekend (I rounded up a few for her, and I've no idea how many she actually needs...but I should get some more.) Those are the same 5 boxes that I mentioned above...I didn't get to any others!

rounding up all my stuff I want to get rid of and donate since the donation truck will be here tomorrow. (Tomorrow is also trash day...I sure hope the trash folks don't take my donations!) I bagged up the toys mentioned above...two whoppin bags. I was supposed to put those out on the curb by 8am for pickup...I was still sleeping this morning at 8am, so they aren't out.

Take down my Christmas trees and decorations! Yup! They're still up.

cleaning my office and while we're at it get the entire house. Nope!

Calling the folks in my Girl Scout troop to see if they wanna go see The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything this friday...we'll need 25 of us to get the group rate. This I acutally got done! It turns out that we couldn't round up enough folks to get the discount and the discount wasn't all that good anyway. If we choose another day we can do the twilight show and pay $1.50 less...or we could wait for it to come to the cheap theater. So instead we will make yarn babies an activity from the Brownie handbook.

What I would rather be doing:

reading your blogs...but hey! No one has posted anything! :( YAY lots of you did post new things to your blog to keep me from working yesterday!

Maybe that's a sign. I sure hate signs like that. Maybe this cough and headache is another sign...I sure hope not, cuz I'm in too much pain to do all that stuff now!!!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. get warm and try to stay warm... Hope you don't have the "crud" that's been going around. It's no fun!
    Feel better, k?
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coughing? All I have to say is Granny's Magical Elixer.

    1/3 oz. lemon juice
    1/3 oz. honey
    1/3 oz. whiskey

    and if the cough is really bad... up all ingredients by three and mix an ounce of each.

    My family swears by it... and it's the only thing that lets me rest at night.

    Hope you are soon better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Miss Renee, we hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start feeling better soon! It sounds like you are getting a lot done for a person who's sick!! :)

    Remember plenty of rest and fluids!

    Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck! Maybe your body is telling you to take it easy for a while. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete