Monday, January 14, 2008

Cookies YIKES!!! & gripe

Utoh! I think we might be in cookie trouble this year. I need to beg DH to take the order sheet to work...cuz we sure need his help.

I guess my biggest problem is that we have this one customer who normally orders a lot of cookies and this year was no exception but it seems each year her order goes down. The first year she ordered 90 boxes! Then her order went down to like 70 boxes...well this year she has only ordered 28. Am I disappointed? You betcha!

Darly has a goal of selling 250 boxes this year and so far all we have are 88. And even Sunday I was already hearing "I'm sorry but I've already ordered from...." I've noticed a lot more scouts out this year...where did all these kids come from???

I know that we are normally good for another 30 or so boxes when we deliver. But at this rate we are going to need to do ALOT of cookie booths (oh MAN I HATE cookie booths!)

Two of my faithful blogging friends have offered to buy some, but unfortunately I have no way of getting the cookies to them as Alabama & Wisconsin are not in my neighborhood. SIGH

Oh and a friend of mine at Church, a former GS leader says that she's heard that one of the troops has set a 500 box per girl goal! WHAT?!?!?! Well good luck to them, but I don't think it's possible.

Another topic:

While my Mom was here she complained a lot about how warm DH & I keep our house. Mostly she was upset because she had brought all these sweaters to wear out here that she cannot wear in FL (don't know why she bought them in FL, but that's another story!) and she couldn't wear them while she was at our house because we keep it too warm. She even went so far as to remark about how she could wear these clothes at my brother's house since he keeps it cooler.

The reason DH & I keep our house so warm is that we are COLD here. Even with my house "so warm!" I am wearing sweaters, slippers over my socked feet and sometimes dragging a throw blanket over myself too. So my mother surmised that perhaps I am so cold because I am not getting enough Iron, I must be anemic. Back when I was in 9th grade we did a blood test in biology class and my blood did come up as being borderline anemic. She has always nagged me for not taking multi-vitamins & supplements. I told her I don't like taking supplements because the block me up (you know what I mean) and I eat a healthy diet that has all these vitamins & minerals in them already. So to humor her I went and bought some spinach...that's got lots of iron...right?

So I make the spinach for dinner...YUMMY creamed spinach recipe. DH & I eat spinach, try to get Darly to try it with major failure but oh well. So I'm eating creamed spinach for like 4 days straight. And right away I notice some results...oh not the feeling warmer results. Nope! I'm all blocked up. Great!

I could be way off base, but I figure that when your body needs a certain vitamin or mineral that it doesn't just get rid of it...it absorbs it from the food you eat. Right? So when your body does not need a certain vitamin or mineral it gets rid of it. And no I'm not analizing anything here, but excess iron makes itself evident. I figure that since it blocked me up, I must not need extra iron.

And since I was still cold I figure that it wasn't anemia that was making me cold. I think that I just run cold. I always have. In fact when I lived with my mother I got stuck in the coldest room of the house so I would have a space heater in my room and a ton of blankets on my bed to help keep me warm. So I don't see why now I should be any different.

So glad that Mom has gone home now.

12 comments:

  1. What, no extended roadtrips to Wisconsin and Alabama? :) Just think all the things you could teach Darly along the drive!!! I'd even help you plan it... I'm great at that stuff! (Not that there is that much to see between CO and WI, but... I'd come up with something! And if you went to see Bone first, well then... you'd have even less to see on the drive north. Nevermind that idea.)

    Come on, road trip, road trip, road trip!!!

    O:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just trying to be helpful O:) But really, you could go to the Field of Dreams, visit state capitols along the way (Madison's beautiful), see Nashville which is always fun, maybe take a side-trip into Memphis and Graceland... seriously, I could make it the trip to remember!!! And I'd be willing to bet (OK, I'd be willing to strong-arm Bone into it... yes I'm aware he's male, but he watches General Hospital: I still think I could take him) we could help you sell extra boxes when you came to visit...

    I'm always cold. No seriously. I don't crank the heat in my apartment that much because 1) heat=expensive and 2) I'm still cold and under blankets, so....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the creamed spinach recipe? I added creamed cheese & cheddar cheese to it...along with a splash of sour cream to give it a bit of bite. Yummy! I suppose I upped the fat too, but anyway to get spinach down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the deal???

    I just checked my email and there were 5 offers for ways to increase the size of my pen!s. Maybe I should take them up on that offer since I don't even have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you might be able to get by with just a tent in Alabama when you went to see Bone, but sorry, that's not gonna do so well on your trip north :) (As I'm sure you're aware of.)

    Start lobbying for that new car... or start selling pen! s enhancers and then you can really afford a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I have the opposite problem. MIL thinks my house is too cold. It could be in the upper 80s and she'll still insist on turning off the AC.

    As for the cookies, it must be hard because everyone starts selling them at the same time! Maybe you should start you own cookie selling blog? hee hee

    kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I would agree you're not anemic then. Especially since you said you weren't that tired either. One less mystery in the world now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom said to let her know if you rethink the road trip to AL - we'd put you up while you were down here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it could be anemia, but if you're borderline and you are eating more iron, then maybe not. I have always been the opposite - always too hot, even as a baby. Except for when I had surgery a year ago and my iron levels were so low that my dr gave me 3 blood transfusions because she called it "fatally low". No matter how stinking hot it was in the hospital room, I was freezing to death. as soon as my levels started going up, i was back to being too hot. There's just never a middle ground, is there? - Meezer Mom Mary

    Miss Renee, we would buy cookies from you 'cause we doesn't haf any local girlscouts that come to our house anymore. and we LOVE the shortbread cookies, and the mints, AND the peanut butter cookies. well WE aren't allowed to eat the mints, but we love to sniff the box. - Miles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ALWAYS cold...think that it's a combination of being thin and hypothyroid that does it. I keep my house warm, too...and we don't go to the in-law's because they set their thermostat on, like, 50 or something. Ridiculous!
    If I lived closer, I'd buy a box of cookies too. Like Bone, I'm partial to the thin mints myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could do the Girl Scout Reality Tour! $37.50 for two thin mints and a cup of spinach casserole.

    (You know what's sad is that you're the ONLY person who will probably get that comment, and it's GOLD! Gold, Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I am not naming any names, but I know someone who started selling two weeks ago! When I questioned her about it (abviously not from our troup) she said they weren't told they couldn't.
    Grrrr

    ReplyDelete