Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's Cookie Time!

It is now cookie time in our area (might be in your area too!) So this morning we went around to all our neighbor's doors to get their orders. 20 boxes so far. Not too bad. I really expect that number to go up tomorrow when we hit our folks who order from us at Church.

I'm really glad to see Darly stepping up and asking the customers herself instead of relying on me to do it for her. so that's good.

I'm the cookie director for our troop (again) but I've got lots of moms who want to be helpers. So that's good. Which reminds me that I need to sign us up for some cookie booths! YIKES!

This afternoon we were in our computer room playing and noticed another scout approaching our door. I have a magnet that I made on the door that says "A Girl Scout Lives Here." The other scout's mother read that and they left...they didn't knock on our door AND they didn't hit our street. Woo Hoo! Which saved them a bunch of time as we've already hit up our street anyway.

We seem to be having a very hard time getting folks to open their door anymore. They just are too jaded anymore. *Sigh* It looks like eventually we'll only sell cookies in front of grocery stores.

8 comments:

  1. Ack...cookie time already?!?!? It must be very difficult to sell Girl Scout cookies in front of a grocery store when it's winter and too darn cold! And I just love your magnet idea...I think I need a badge when I go to the market that says "I'm the aunt of a Girl Scout."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit I'm not very good about answering the door. I've been harassed by people at the door before and they just won't stop. However, if I saw a cute little girl scout selling those yummy cookies I would answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it works better if Darly asks. Try this: "Hi, my name is Darly and if I don't sell a hundred boxes of cookies, my Mommy says I can't be in girl scouts anymore."

    :)

    I don't usually answer the door, either. It really irks my friends sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, do you deliver?

    If so, put me down for some thin mints please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always had to sell my own stuff. My Mom would take a few things to work with her, but for the most part, I sold all of my own.

    Ditto Bone's question... just think of all the prospective buyers she has on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really cool that you're doing cookies for the troop. I don't think people realize how much effort you put in for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in denial about selling cookies. There are a few people that order from me every year...I think that I will fill their orders, and that's it...I'm burnt out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cookies, oh boy! I love 'em, but we've had to part ways. oh my sweet oatmeal darlings. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete