Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I AM HOPPING MAD!!!

I just got an email from the system that we used to order our Girl Scout cookies telling me that my order was placed and to please check my delivery confirmation.

I check my confirmation and see that my order was CHANGED!!! OH I'M SO MAD!!!

I know why they changed my order, but we talked about this when I placed my order and I requested that they not change it! And they ignored my request.

See here's the deal...

The girls sell the cookies by the package. The company sells the cookies by the case of 12 packages. So when the Troop places it's order, it has to be by the case. Which means the Troop is then responsible for selling the surplus cookies.

Well this year due to our area merging with 4 other areas we are unable to return any open cases of cookies.

This made my cookie director VERY nervous. So when I met with her to turn in my order she was "fudging" the numbers so that no troops would have any surplus packages of cookies. For most troops this isn't going to be much of a problem because they signed up for cookie booths and they can just take the cookies they need from the booth sale cases. My troop did not sign up for a booth because I got sick and never got around to doing it.

When it was my turn to place my order, I requested that she not "fudge" the numbers so that our Troop would still have surplus cookies...

why? Because I knew that we would sell those cookies! I still had 2 girls who had not got their orders in on time to me and I advised all the girls in our Troop to KEEP SELLING because it's silly not to.

Well now I am not going to have any surplus cookies to help fill the orders of those 2 girls AND to "fudge" the numbers my cookie director shorted Darly's order by the numbers that went over the rounded down cases. 35 packages!!!

And the real fun part of this is that I won't be able to get part of the shortage until 6 days after we get or order and then I have to wait another 3 days after that to get the rest of them.

Now I get to sit down with Darly's order form and figure out which customers will have to wait to get their cookies...fun eh?

6 comments:

  1. That wasn't very smart of them...

    I mean, I would think you could always get rid of girl scout cookies :)

    That said, honestly, if I don't get the cookies I ordered, my life will go on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh that sounds frustrating. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your finely tuned calculations and specific instructions down the tube...that really bites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously the recession isn't hitting the GS community yet!

    ReplyDelete