Friday, January 04, 2008

What I did for my birthday...

well it was a day of excitement at the Fefyfomanna house ...NOT LOL

After Dh took his shower I hogged up the bathroom for some beautifying of me.

I colored my hair (it looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better now...my roots were really getting out of hand!)
I shaved
I gave myself a pedicure
I even blew dry my hair and curled it with the curling iron (something I normally only do on Sundays!)

After I got all pretty, I came downstairs to find Darly still in her PJ's and DH in his laze around the house clothes. *eyeroll!* Then DH is wanting his lunch...I tell him I'll have whatever he's making. hee hee then he got miffed cuz there was no summer sausage, he had to make us sandwiches. I wonder if that dishwasher ever got turned on???

Since DH didn't want to try going to the Museum (we didn't know if the other kids were in school yet or not) I decided to go see what all was on sale at Kohls. I took Darly and left DH at home...I didn't need him "poo-pooing" my birthday shopping.

So we get to Kohls and it's busy...there must be some sort of sale going on, but I don't see it. I did find a skirt & sweater for myself and some shoes for Darly...we also found a Christmas ornament for my SIL for next year...SHHHH don't tell her!

After Kohls we zipped over to Sally Beauty Supply to try to find Darly a hair pick for her newest American Girl doll that Santa gave her. This one has curly hair and the recommend a pick instead of the brush. We had previously looked at WalMart AND Target but no hair picks. But Sally had them and for only 31 cents! Can't beat that! I told both ladies at Sally that American Girl wants $7 bucks for a pick...can you believe it? They sure couldn't. So now Darly is the proud owner of a hair pick that looks just like her Nana's. LOL!

We got back from shopping at 4:25...five minutes before I told DH we would be back...but he had cleaned himself up and was dressed for dinner. We read the mail a bit before calling up Black Angus for reservations, then we headed over there. I don't know why we had reservations cuz they sat us in the order that we got there. *eyeroll!*

We had a nice dinner...although I sure wish that they would cook the vegetables...they just steam them so they aren't quite raw but they aren't cooked either. blech, I wonder what they do with all those veggies that no one is eating because they aren't cooked? I got my free steak dinner, DH got a steak dinner and Darly shared with both of us. Then I got my free dessert of brownie with icecream. YUM! They also took my picture...I have to still figure out my scanner to get it into the computer for you.

Came home to a "lovely" message from my brother singing Happy Birthday to me.

Oh and my grandmother sent me a card with money in it...SCORE! More shopping to do.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Renee!! It sounds like you had a very pampering day! I'm glad you took the time to relax and beautify a bit...and shopping is my idea of a fun day, too (although I think I'd leave as many kids home as possible!!) Free steak dinner and brownies with ice cream...wow, we need a Black Angus here!
    I'm glad it was a happy one! :)
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you cha cha cha
    Happy birthday to you cha cha cha
    Happy birthday dear Renee...
    Happy birthday to you cha cha cha...and many mooooore.

    Sounds like you had a good birthday. I noticed that you shared your steak dinner with Darly but you didn't mention sharing your brownie or icecream. Good for you:~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!
    Sounds like a pretty lovely day.
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of my sisters have worked at Black Angus in California. I never see them around here in upstate NY.

    Happy Birthday to you, my friend!!!

    Hmm, a little shopping trip sounds like a nice present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Happy, happy slightly belated birthday to you!!!" It sounds like you had the perfect birthday day...pampering, shopping, dinner...what more could a girl ask for???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy belated birthday to youuuuuu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happpppy birthday!!! (belated!) Sounds like it was a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! Shopping sounds like the perfect way to spend it. Don't Grandmas always know the perfect gift to give? hee hee

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete