Thursday, January 10, 2008

time for a change!

UPDATE! I cut my hair already. See the results at the bottom.

I've been growing my bangs out for a few months now just to see what I looked like without them. Can you believe that I have NEVER in my entire life not had bangs...the best I've done is get them to grow to my ears...and then I WHACK them off cuz I can't stand it anymore.

Well, guess what. They're at my ears and my cutting scissors are getting itchy. LOL!

Okay, you can see what I look like with bangs in my profile picture. If you click on it you can see it full size.

And here is what I look like now as of this morning...

you wouldn't believe how many pictures I took to get that one, so don't pick on me for looking goofy please. It's hard to hold the camera out far enough and keep the straps out of the way and your fingers out of the way! I should have used the tripod. *sigh*

So I'm still kinda wanting to try out the no bangs look...I don't think I can really consider it no bangs until they're even with the ends. So I'm thinking of whacking the back off to help the bangs catch up.

So what do you think of this?
I took out the picture here.

Do you think I can pull this off? Or do you think it will be too much work? As you can see from my current picture I'm not into doing anything with my hair at all...somedays you're lucky if I got up and washed it.

I'm thinking it will probably look more like this most of the time I took out the picture here.
or this?

I took out the picture here.
I need to find a hairstylist who listens when I say "I want hair I do not have to do ANYTHING to it!" and believes me. I just don't get why it is so hard for them to get it.

Well your opinions were appreciated.



I'm happy!

17 comments:

  1. I like it! Now and the pics your chose... you would look CUTE CUTE CUTE and sassy with that hair style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job taking a picture of you, I know how hard it is, that's why you haven't seen me yet :)
    I love your first choice for a hair styling but have no idea how much work it involves... Oh, go ahead and give it a try, I am sure you'll look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, something I have experience with! :-)

    I always had bangs... until four years ago when I moved to Spain. I decided if I was ever going to grow them out, that was the time. I went through a lot of rough moments with bobby pins and hair clips and what-not, but I came home with hair halfway down my back, and no bangs.

    I went to a stylist who came highly recommended, and started by donating my hair (roughly 10 inches, not counting the other "stuff" she had to cut off) to Locks for Love.

    Now, while you might not notice it, pictures 1 and 3 are pretty much the same cut. (It's all in how they are styled... one's down the center and not as flipped out on the ends, and one is to the side and more flipped out. You could get the same cut and do one one day and one the next. I promise... I did.) I said I wanted something cute and fun and somewhat sassy - and wasn't afraid to go short. The kicker? I know myself well enough to know that 10 minutes was the absolute max amount of time I was willing to work on my hair.

    I went with a cut almost identical to those two. I bought quality mouse and hairspray (my hair refuses to do anything without a lot of it), and spent less than 10 minutes a day styling it. I really liked it... for about a year, then I grew out my hair again, cut it off again, repeated, etc. My point is... it was a GREAT transition from bangs to no bangs!!! I totally recommend it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we think you look very pretty either way, but we think you would look totally awsome with that haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at beautiful you :) I think any of those style would be great for you - I always tell the hairstylist to do what they feel is best for my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that your haircut is adorable. It looks like it fits the bill for 'wash and wear hair'. That is my criteria for a good haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your new look. It looks simple but at the same time very stylish. It's a winner in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new "do"... it's a great length for you, and it looks like it will be easy care. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:38 AM

    I love the new haircut! It's a nice length and you can't tell that you've been growing out bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee!! You look GREAT!!!!!!!! I had my hair like the second pic about two years ago...and am thinking about trying it again. It will require me growing out the bangs, though...and that's so frustrating! I'm going to a convention in Reno in June and want it grown out by then so am starting now and hoping for the best ;).
    I LOVE the finished product...you look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it, Renee, that looks really nice! Good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! :) Are you enjoying it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new you, Renee... it makes you look younger and more relaxed. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. GAWSH! You look AMAZING. I love it love it love it love it!

    Why'd you take all the pics down??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just had to stop by again and thank you for the very nice comment you left on my blog... and for the prayers.

    It's only prayer that has kept M home for this long, thanks for being part of the support that keeps him here. :)

    Maura

    ReplyDelete
  16. So what do you think of this?
    I took out the picture here.


    I like it! :)

    No, seriously, I really like the bottom pic. Good job. And it probably helps that you're not having to reach your arms out to take the picture yourself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete