Tuesday, January 01, 2008

even more changed plans!

After Christmas my Mom & Stepdad stayed with my Brother & his family for a few days and then they came back to my house on Sunday. They then told me that they were going to return home early...as in on Jan 1st. I was in for a bit of a shock really. Their original plans had them staying here until Jan 6th and I had bought some groceries based on that...including a TURKEY! Oh well.

I fed them leftovers on Sunday night, and then cooked the turkey last night...I've got lots of leftovers again.

So this morning I get up to drive them to the airport. I go online to do their check in and the flight has only ONE available seat?!?!?!? What? Why did they get booked for two seats when there was only one available? Oh well...I printed out a boarding pass for my mom and a reservation slip for my Stepdad. I told them just go to the gate and they'll get seated somewhere...the flight crew DOES NOT want to take care of Mom (even though she's really quite able to take care of herself) they would rather have Stepdad do it for them. I won't be able to find out if they made it for a while now.

I also drove all of the medical equipment that we got for mom over to my brother's house for him to return because the rental place was closed today. So Brother, SIL & I got to talk about Mom a bit.

See SIL is pregnant. Mom still smokes (even after all the breathing problems she has! But the STUPID doctor told her it wasn't the cigarettes that caused her problems...so she will still smoke!) SO SIL has said that Mom will not be able to hold the new baby at all if she smells of smoke. LOL! We'll see how well this goes over. Mom has smoked so long that she can't even smell it! Oh and SIL was saying that Mom wanted to be able to help out when the new baby comes...laundry, cooking and such. SIL says that when Mom was there she didn't even make her own breakfast! I laughed cuz at my house the only meal I fixed for her was dinner...that's the only meal I make most days. Mom was very able to make her breakfast & lunch all on her own.

We also talked about where Mom would like to live when she moves here. I don't know why but Brother drove them up to Golden. They fell in love with it. There's no chance at all that they can afford to live in Golden. Brother thinks that the IDEAL place for her is these new condos that they are building out where our old airport was. I said NO WAY! Too much of a environmental hazzard (I'm not caring how much everyone is trying to say it's safe there!) Just not gonna happen...that AND Mom doesn't want a condo...she has a very loud barking dog who would drive her neighbors batty.

It will be tricky but we will be able to find her a house...sure it will be a forclosure and the neighborhood won't be perfect, but it will work. Now DH says that Stepdad really doesn't want to move. LOL! This will be fun.

7 comments:

  1. LOL!! Families... You just never can tell what's going to happen next!
    Best of luck to you on that!
    xo
    LBC
    PS Can you see my blog? I can only see titles in blue and everything else is black! I have no idea what happened... I may have to get a different template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Miss Renee!

    Oh, i'll be right over for Turkey. - Miles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom called...made it home just fine.

    I'll find out in a few days how she's doing about her dog that died...she's really been avoiding dealing with that I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't family fun?!?!? I'm glad to read your mom made it home safe and sound and I'm presuming the airline found a seat for Stepdad.

    Now about that turkey...where do we line up for leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Airlines ALWAYS do that!
    Send some of those leftovers here! I'm too lazy to cook!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that your mom and stepdad left...I mean, glad to hear that they made it home safe and sound. Left overs sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete