Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15th 1998

I was sitting at the computer (much like I am right now today) surfing the web and checking my email account. I kept feeling as if I needed to use the bathroom, but I was ignoring it because the computer was much more fun and lately it seemed every time I went was a false alarm.

So finally I got up to go and I had a sudden gush of liquid in my pants. I turned to the only living thing in the room other than me (our dog) and said "I think my water just broke!" The dog of course just sighed and put her head back down.

I waddled to the bathroom and yup! My water had broke and there were green chunks in it! EWWWEEE! Luckily I had been wearing a pad because the doctor had stripped my membranes two days before and that had been causing spotting. So I cleaned up that mess and then went to the phone to call up the maternity ward.

They asked me a few questions and said I needed to get there but I didn't have to hurry.

Do y'all really want to hear the entire birth story??? I'm thinking not.

Well at any rate...Darly was born at 7:38pm that day. She was all healthy and everything...after an hour of screaming at us, she finally settled down to nurse and has been doing great ever since.

Our plans for today are to meet up with two of her bestest buddies at the Ice Rink for a bit of FUN teaching them how to skate, and then come back to Haus von Renee and destroy the place!!!

Wish me loads of luck and sanity! And thanks to everyone who has already sent birthday wishes for Darly. I guess I will allow her to turn 10.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That was both sweet and disgusting, Renee :) (Green chunks? Um... ok? Were you birthing an alien?)

    Happy birthday again, Darly! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I started reading this and at first I thought you got your period again...then as kept reading I realized that after April 15th...it said "1998"...duh. I guess I shouldn't just shudder at the date. Please give my happy birthday wished to your now double digit ten year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ms Darly :)

    ReplyDelete