Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Um, DH? We have a problem..."

This past Wednesday night while I was on the computer IMing a friend, DH hollers from upstairs for me... he wants to know when I plan to do the laundry (must be close to out of underwear again)...I told him I would to it the following day.

So Thursday I start the laundry...and when the first load should be done from the dryer, I check it and it's all ice cold and damp. Huh??? I though perhaps I had let it set too long (it was a very cold day.) So I ran it again... and again, it's still ice cold and damp, I tried switching the setting, but it was no good...no heat. The clothes were now dry enough to go ahead and take it out, but still not really dry. So I spread most of them around on the furniture so they could finish drying and I didn't start any more loads. I also told DH that the dryer was not working. So he goes in there and starts monkeying around with it...after he complains about the mess of stuff I've got piled up in the laundry room.

Yeah, my laundry room not only serves as a laundry room and a dog's bedroom...it is also a catch all for everything that needs another place to stay. So I moved all of that for DH so he could work on the dryer.

Friday was a nice and warm day (funny Colorado spring weather!) so I ran my clothes through the wash and hung them outside (swingset to the fence clothes lines) to dry. But unfortunately the sun went down way to fast for me (I didn't get started until 4pm) so I had to hang the clothes up in our spare bedroom closet on hangers.

When DH got home he took apart the dryer and found that the heating element had come undone...so he put it back together and it heated. We put the dryer back together (dh got his finger sliced twice!) ran it again with heat...I run to get some clothes to put in it...load it up, turn it on and NO HEAT??? WHAT? I take my clothes back up to the spare bedroom closet in defeat.

So today DH pulls the dryer appart again and the heating element is now broken. boo. So I call up the appliance part guy (the same guy I bought that element from two years ago.) and I go get a new heating element.

DH installs it. and is currently working on putting the dryer back together. hopefully he can get the drum back in without me cuz it's a pain to do it with two people. So maybe by tonight I'll have my laundry finished.

3 comments:

  1. I was gonna say it sounded like the heating element had gone out. Guess you figured that out though.

    I think my dryer tearing up is one of my hundred greatest fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if he didn't have you, he could just go and do what most other men do: buy new underwear instead of wash his others ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry is always a trial ;) Hope you can finish yours soon!!

    ReplyDelete