Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WEIRD DOG!!!!!!!!!!

This dog is gonna drive me nuts. Those of you who know her will be wondering what in the world she could have possibly done to make me say such horrible things about her...well here it is....

when we are gone I believe that the dog naps the entire time...but if she isn't napping she isn't drinking water. I'm not sure if she won't drink the water because she's afraid of her water dish, or if she's asleep...whatever

What I do know is that when we return she will go and drink a lot of water! So much water that it makes her sick!

And the last two days she has barfed up water(and some food too) luckily she has done both on the floor right near the back door...so at least she is trying to get out when she does it...but she isn't quite making it.

Lilly isn't a barf eater normally... but after I mopped up the water with a towel she did go and eat the food...whew! I really wasn't looking forward to cleaning up the food. BLECH!

The only solution I can think of is to not use the water dish that we have (it has a tank on the top that scares her when it burps) and limit her water drinking...1/2 cup of water here, 1/2 cup there. Because it doesn't look as if we are going to be able to stay at home with her for at least a few more days.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like a different water dish is definitely called for. Has Lilly been checked by the vet? Maybe something is bothering her stomach. Especially if this is newer behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add my weird cat story.

    My cat will not drink water from a bowl. I have to mix it with his food, or he'll dehydrate. Stupid cat.

    And, if I feed him his dry food without filling him up with wet food/water before hand, he will eat it too fast and get sick. And it's NEVER on the easy-to-clean kitchen floor. It's ALWAYS on the carpet. I think he does it on purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely try a different water dish first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is odd. Is this new or has it been ongoing? If it's new I might take her to the vet. Otherwise I would def limit the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw. poor doggy! hope changing the water dish style helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Changing the water dish or limiting the amount of water available may be the solution.

    Our cats will only drink running water. *sigh*

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have pets so I don't know...hope you figure this out :)
    My mom's cat only drinks running water too, like Kailani's...

    ReplyDelete