Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Birthday!

Well today is of course my little girls's 10th birthday. And officially we are holding her birthday party on the 25th to take advantage of the Webkinz Extravaganza.

However, we couldn't just let this day go by without doing anything. Right?

So I called up her buddies' moms and asked if they were busy today. Nope they were both available...so we went ice skating!!! Darly was thrilled.

Friend #1 (F1) had never been ice skating but does roller blade.
Friend #2 (F2) had never been on any kind of skates before.

So when we got the skates strapped on, Darly showed her friends how to fall and how to get up. Then they were off! After them doing a death grip on the walls of the rink for a bit, I decided to ask for some "walkers" (metal bar things that look a bit like a walker for the kids to hang on to while skating). This worked out perfectly for F1 and really well for F2. It gave both of them the time to find their legs and for Darly to try to show them a bit of the stuff she's learned in her ice skating lessons. I'm not sure how long the girls used the walkers but eventually they decided to try on their own. There were lots of falls (even one by me! I tried something I had no business trying in these jeans!) but all in all I think they all had a great time.

After the skating we went home and got some snacks..and then the playing commenced. Yes... Haus von Renee Room of Darly is destroyed! I'm so sad as Darly had just finally cleaned up that mess. Oh well, she mentioned that yesterday she played with some Barbies and then put them away...so perhaps she'll put this stuff away too. Not holding my breath though.

F2 went home and Darly went to her gymnastics class (F1 came too). Today Darly had a private lesson!!! Her regular coach worked with just her...all by herself! It was great! Darly had a chance to perfect some things that she really needed to work on. However, her coach came out after the lesson and claimed her "all caught up and ready for the Pre-Team class!" LOL! Silly girl! Does she really expect me to fall for that load of bull? Yes, Darly did very well in class by herself, but no...in order to move up they are supposed to do the skills consistantly. We have 3 more lessons at this level before they suspend the class...I'm sticking with it unless Darly beggs asks to move up.

So F2 and Darly had a lovely Pizza dinner tonight (DH & I did too). And then Darly wanted her presents. DH had got her some games to play outside when it ever decides to warm up...and I got her yet another Webkinz. LOL! DH seemed a bit miffed at me, but didn't say anything.

More playing commenced and then for dessert we had ice cream sundaes! Unfortunately the jar of cherries in the frig were too old so they have to go in the trash. :( they had been in the frig for a very long time.

I don't know how long these two will be up tonight. But I'm bushed! I sure hope that hour and a half of ice skating was enough exercise to burn off this ice cream... I know...wishful thinking!

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like a terrific little pre-party party.
    I'm glad she had such a good day with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Darly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask Darly to have some birthday cake and ice cream for me. Sounds good right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Purrfday to you
    Happy Purrfday to you
    Happy Purrfday dear Darly
    Happy Purrfday to you

    nosekissies and headbumpies!!!!
    Mommy says 10 is a great age to be. We don't know, it sounds old to us! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day!

    I tried something I had no business trying in these jeans!)

    ROFL Photos of this event? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah where's da photos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun time for the birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated birthday to her! hope she had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like a perfect bday with her friends. And the big party is yet to be celebrated!!

    ReplyDelete