Thursday, April 03, 2008

How does she do it all?

Many of you have wondered how in the world I have managed to keep my life together. So I finally (even though I've been promising this post forever) took some pictures of my organizing system (DON'T LAUGH HEATHER!!!!) It works for me.

First we have my main scheduling station...

These two calendars are in my office above my computer station. Notice how there are two months up there. This helps a lot since I get many of our activities off my computer and I'm able to easily see if we're already busy and I can answer immediately. And for those of you wondering about the bunnies... I always choose the cuter bunny to leave up...so if May's bunny is cuter on one calendar it might stay up two months instead of getting flipped.

Next we have the kitchen...

The kitten calendar on the wall is just a reference for the dry erase calendar on the frig. The frig calendar is like "family info central." This is where DH gets to find out what we are up to...he looks at it every morning while getting his breakfast. We like this calendar as it can be reused...although that one is a few years old and suffers from someone using permanent markers on it a few times. So I'm trying to find a replacement for it and so far I can only find them online. sigh. I thought they were an awesome idea and so did at least two of my homeschooling friends (well I bought one for Jen...but she went out and bought a second one so she has 8 weeks at a glance!)

and then finally we have the purse edition...
When I was volunteering at Church & LLL I was using this a lot more as I wasn't near my computer calendars when those folks would ask me to do something. But now that I'm not doing those so much this calendar gets used mostly to let my other homeschooling friends know where they are supposed to be. LOL! They will be wondering if they can do something on a certain day and I'll pull out my handy dandy purse edition and say well we have "underwater basket weaving" on that day and they can say "oh yeah" OR "I didn't sign up for that so I'm free...or because we have this to do instead."

I know that many of you have those new fangled PDAs or appointment thingies on your cell phones, but I've never been able to keep up with those. for the most part I found it way to difficult to enter my info into them...for me it was much easier to just use the calendars. And yes it is a pain to update all 5 of them, but for the most part I only have to do that about every 3 to 4 months. Maybe one day if I get one of the kind that allows me to just write in the info, I'll join the info age. But for now, we're sticking with paper. Besides, a PDA or Blackberry doesn't allow me to look at very cute bunnies!

6 comments:

  1. I had to start keeping a calendar, since the BF has a rotating schedule. Mine has cute SPCA animals on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out cuteoverload.com. And you could probably put pictures of bunnies on your cell or PDA... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing I did was laugh LOL! Just cuzz you said don't laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like you've got a good system down - you're a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an organized purse you have!
    I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, so the only time I carry a purse is when I can't fit everything I need to take in my pocket. But, now that I'm getting busier, I need to carry my calendar and my camera, which won't fit in my pocket with my wallet and cell phone...
    I just haven't found a purse I like!!! One of these days...oh yeah, one of these days I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very organized! I hope sticking around your blog will help me some...
    I like calendars with pages too, can't get used to the one on my cell phone.

    ReplyDelete