Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rumble at the park!

Yesterday was a lovely warm (maybe too hot) day and so we headed out to the Park to see all our homeschooling friends.

Darly and her friends were playing in the trees and all was well in the world. One of Darly's good friends had a brother and he was playing nicely with the girls ... UNTIL his male friends showed up!

One of the boys is... well he's all boy. Darly does NOT like this boy (she's not all that fond of ANY boy, but this one just pushes her buttons too far!)

I don't know exactly what all happened, but from what I can peice together from the two versions of the story ...

Darly was up in the tree trying to get away from the boys...and the boy got a stick and poked her. He poked hard enough that she lost her ballance and fell from the tree but tried to hold on. Well the holding on caused her to scrape her arm up a bit (nothing too serious...just read, no bleeding.)

So I took Darly over to the boy's mom and told her that he had injured my child...so all 3 of us went to confront the boy. Boy's mom handled it very well! The boy of course denyed any wrong doing and ended up in a time out for his actions.

But here's the kicker... WHY DID I FEEL BAD ABOUT CONFRONTING BOY'S MOM??? I don't know. I now feel as if I should email her and let her know that I appreciate how she handled it. I really like Boy's Mom a lot and want to make sure there aren't any hard feelings. Perhaps I should just let it lie because we did talk about things other than the incident later and she seemed fine with me.

anyway...

Well Darly woke up this am throwing up...but it was just for a bit and she's been sleeping ever since...which is totally normal for her at this time of day. I emailed her party guests to let them know in case we have to cancel the party tomorrow and one of them reports back that her child is also feeling crummy. Oh boo! I was hoping that it was just food poisoning...I'm still hoping for that, but I know that Darly didn't share any food with friend...unless they ate something they found at the playground...EEEEWWWWEEE!

Oh well, I must go clean this house.

6 comments:

  1. Ewww.. Hope she is better soon!

    And I think you should email rumblers mom ;) Just to say hello and that she handled it well. Cuzz I know I would appreciate knowing it was handled well in the other moms eyes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Darly's feeling better!!! I'm bummed I'm going to miss the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Darly. I would definitely email the boys mother and let her know how much you appreciated how she handled the situation. I know that I sure wouldn't mind getting and email praising my parenting. I hope that Darly feels better and so do her friends, and that the party is a go.

    Um, wouldn't you want to clean the house AFTER the party? Just sayin' :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shouldn't feel bad about telling the Mom. If it were my child being naughty, I would want to know. Besides, she probably already knows how bad he can be.

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think you should go ahead and e-mail the boy's mom. We, the moms, don't often get words of appreciation for all we have to put up with :)

    Hope Darly feels well soon. I would clean the house after the party guests are gone...(always did, only for grown-ups is before and after, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah didn't share any poo, so it's not that making D sick!

    ReplyDelete