Tuesday, April 22, 2008

oh my, oh my!

Well the Excelent Adventure went really well. All the kiddos did an awesome job and Darly's bit had some jokes thrown in so the crowd got an education with a few laughs too...Juliette Low was a tomboy and there are some really funny stories of her childhood.

After the Adventure we headed to the mall to get some lunch and kill some time before ice skating. On our way to the mall we were being followed by Jen. Had I remembered to charge my cellphone I would have called her to ask if she was stalking me! LOL! It turns out that she needed to go to the PetCo accross the street from the mall.

While at the mall I searched in vain for a replacement for my purse. I looked just about everywhere (except Nordstroms! hate Nordstroms) for a replacement. The current purse is okay but I would like for it to also have a place for my cellphone. However, it seems that purse manufacturers have realized that if you offer a purse with a built in wallet that gals will LOVE it and not buy a wallet! You can't have that...so now, no more wallet purse. BOOO! I want my wallet purse! I also want my purse to have hand bag handles for ease of getting the purse in and out of the car AND a shoulder strap so I can wrap that baby over my head and not have to worry about it. Well finding all of that in one bag is nearly impossible! But I haven't given up the search yet.

Next we were off to ice skating. I managed to stay inside the rink area (usually I'm way too cold and must retreat to outside the area!) for the entire lesson. Darly is improving, but still needs some warm up time with each time on the ice (sounds familliar!) so I think for next week we'll have to hit the ice before her lesson to get her warmed up and work on her skills (she can teach me how to snow plow!) and then send her off to her lesson. I'm just hopeing that the skate rental guy doesn't make us pay for her skates twice.

now for the extra crazy busy part! I finished up with dinner and got most of the dishes in the dishwasher by 7:25...then zipped into the office for my night of fun. LOL

I first put the message board on maintenance mode...this locks everyone who isn't an administrator out of the board. The maintenance mode made it so I could unlock all the posts/classes and set the board up for a password. Course while I was trying to get that done Heather starts trying to IM me. She did offer to help me, but there was really nothing she could do to help, it was all administrator work. Jen called me to see if she could help as well...Jen has the power to help, but at that point I had it all under control.

Then at 7:50 I started watching the clock... as soon as my computer said it was 8pm (I was watching the second hand!) I took the board off of maintenance mode. It was funny to see how many people were waiting to get in. At 8 it was like an explosion of people posting to each class. (see this is where everyone gets to sign up for the classes that they want to take...some of the classes have very few spaces and everyone wants to make sure they get their class. Kinda like the really cool classes in college!) So after about 5 minutes or so, it was then time to keep track of how much space was available in the classes. THEN Jen could help me. We had to click on each post and count how many kids had been signed up vs what the "instructor" had said they could take. There was this one field trip to a Llama farm that filled up right away. The instructor is going to see if we can get a second trip. Once a class was close to full I would modify the title to show how many seats were left...once a class was full, I would modify the title to show it was full and put a wait list on it.

Then we had to watch the clock for when it was time to take the password off. As it turned out, Jen had to go take the password (which was needanap btw!) off the board so the rest of the folks could get in.

I finally was able to get off the coop board by about 10pm and off the computer by 11:30 last night. I went to watch some TV and fell asleep very quickly. Then Lilly woke me up at about 2:30. Something really odd was going on with her. She doesn't normally wake us up like that. I had no idea what was going on, so I just headed for bed. Once I got upstairs I figured out quickly what Lilly was trying to tell me... the battery in the smoke detector right above my bed was low and needed to be changed.
Have I mentioned how much I HATE the smoke detectors in my house??? Well this time I made DH change the battery. That was a BAD idea!!! I'm not sure if he was being so annoying about it on purpose so that next time I'll do it or what.
First he just lays in bed, hoping that it will go away. Then he has to put on some clothes because the the ladder is in the garage...then he has to use the restroom...then he goes into Darly's room to explain the situation...then for some odd reason he is opening the back door?!?!? I still don't know what was up with that. Finally he comes upstairs with the ladder. Then he turns on the bedroom light!!! I hid under the covers. Finally he gets the battery changed and puts away the ladder. I might have been asleep by the time he got back to bed.

If I had taken care of this job...I would have grabbed the ladder...got the smoke detector down and hid it under some thick blankets until the morning. Job done in about 5 minutes. DH has to take 30!!!

I'm sleepy and need a shower. Oh and since I was on the computer last night, I didn't set the dishwasher to go off at night while we were in bed...so DH set it this morning to go off right when I needed to get my shower.

2 comments:

  1. That totally reminds me of registering for college classes. It was so stressful trying to get my first choice of classes!

    So did you have to take a cold shower or did you just wait?

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you do more in one day than i do all week. :) hope the shower wasn't cold--those are the worst!

    ReplyDelete