Monday, April 21, 2008

Kind of a busy day today...

I should go drag Darly out of bed soon. It is almost 11am and she's still snoozing and as my title suggests we are going to be a bit busy once we get going.

Today at 1pm we will be going to J & S's Excellent Adventure. This is where the kids will be dressed up as someone famous and talk about their life. Darly will be Juliette Low, the founder of the Girl Scouts. I helped her pick since she kept coming up with obscure women from our Famouse Women in America book. I also thought that perhaps there might be a few things in her Girl Scout handbooks that would be helpful for us. She'll be dressed in one of my dresses with a few pins in the back...it kind of looks like a picture of Juliette when she was 10 (hey! That's Darly's current age!!!) I thought that perhaps we should have gone for Juliette's Girl Scout uniform, but one it was soooooo ugly and two I had no idea where I was gonna come up with one other than making it and I didn't want to spend the $$ on something she's going to wear for less than 5 minutes...know what I mean?

It will probably take us about 35 minutes to drive over to that class. I have no idea how long it will take, but there are 15 kids signed up to do it with about 5 minutes or so each.

I don't know what we'll do after this, but we'll need to kill some time before heading to Darly's Ice Skating lesson at 5:30pm. It would be great if we could get in some time on the ice, but public skate is from 1pm to 2:30 and that's when we'll be pretending to be Juliette Low. LOL!

Oh burr that predicted cold front seems to be coming in as I just got a chill.

On the way home from Ice Skating I'll pick up something for dinner...I'm thinking a roasted chicken. I really could use a trip to the grocery store.

Then at 7:30 tonight I'll have to jump online to get our Homeschool Group's coop board ready for registration tonight. First I'll have to put the board on Maintence mode so no one can get in. Then I have to set the password...then watch the clock for 8pm and take the board off Maint mode so they can get in. Hopefully this time I won't be getting phone calls since I sent out an email explaining how to do this...but I'm sure I'll get at least one.

Sometime after 8, I have to register Darly for the classes she wants to take.

Then at 9 pm I have to take the password off so the rest of the group (which is about 6 people) can get in and register too.

Remember that huge list of coop classes I posted? Well we let folks who offer more than once class get in early with the password. Folks who only offer one class have to wait until 9pm.

After 9pm I'll be able to rest.

and tomorrow we have our Yearbook pictures to take and gymnastics...our last classes at 5:30pm. Oh and Darly wasn't the only kid who didn't switch to the other class (see I wasn't the only smart mom in the class!!!) The other girl who didn't switch was one of the two girls that I felt might have been ready for the move. But like us she is waiting until the 29th to move up.

Oh Darly woke up a few minutes ago...on her own. YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Uff da, busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, you must take super Mommy vitamins or something. You're constantly on the go!

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so busy!!

    ReplyDelete