Sunday, April 27, 2008

ARGH! Why can't I find anything that I want???

Well when I clicked on this window to start a new post I wasn't going to go with everything, but now that I'm here and I've written that in the title, I might as well go ahead...

BTW: Darly's party went very well. She was mad at me over the scavenger hunt (her idea that I should make all the clues) but she got mad at me cuz she got stumped on the first one and then she didn't win. She came in second...what more should I have done???

anyway, back to the problem at hand.

For the past couple of weeks I have been searching in vain it seems for a replacement for my current purse. For the record, I've owned current purse for several years now and I really like it, but I am worried that perhaps it might not last for much longer, so I'm trying to find it's replacement before the end.

There's a picture of my purse here. But I'm afraid that doesn't really show you the purse. That part unzipped to the right of the picture is the attached wallet. I just LOVE this about my purse that it came with an attached wallet. I love it so much that sometimes I stuff too much in the wallet and become in danger of a George Castanza's wallet. I have to go through my wallet on a regular basis and take out receipts (they're only in there a month!) & old coupons or the wallet part will push in against the inner pocket of the purse and I loose that room.
The center pocket also has the zippered pouch for hiding stuff. Then on the other side of the purse is another zippered pouch and then a pouch that sticks out from the purse. Another great feature of this purse (you can see this in the picture) is that it has both a shoulder strap AND hand straps.
You may wonder why having both straps is a good thing...well I'll tell you. When you go to put your purse over in the seat next to you in the car and you don't have the hand straps you strain out your shoulder strap. And carrying the purse by just hand straps is not good on your back. So having both is a very good thing.

Well apparently this was too good for the manufacturers of this purse and all others because I cannot find another version of this purse...anywhere! I looked at Dillards (actually got the sales lady to talk to me there!) at Macy's (I didn't see any sales help at all there...but also didn't notice if they had self check out.) And of course I can not find my purse where I originally bought it at Target or at WalMart either. I've looked on line everywhere and can't find it.
I did find this person calling herself the Bagg Lady who makes purses...but I'm thinking she isn't in business anymore cuz she hasn't answered my email.

Sigh!

And then today I went shopping with Darly for spring/summer clothes for both of us. We found lots of cute shorts for Darly and even a nice dress...it needs to be taken in though. But I didn't find a thing for me!!! I keep telling Darly that the designers must want us all to dress UGLY this year as all the styles are UGLY!!! I've noticed this trend for the past few years. I haven't found anything that I really like out there. And don't even get me started on size.

Can you find your size in something that you'll really wear out there?

8 comments:

  1. I'd check at JC Penney - they have insanely nice purses, I always find exactly what I'm looking for there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - there's nothing cute out there for me. Nothing fits right either! I must be built funny.

    Hope you find a new purse soon.
    I'll look out here when I head to town tonight. If I find something, I'll let you know.
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad her party turned out well. Sometimes I think it's good for kids who think they'll be a shoo-in to win to actually lose. My nephew has this big thing on "I'm the winner!" lately. He's 3. That's wayyyyy too young to be telling people "haha, I won, you lost!" Sometimes I let him win, but when I can, I try and let him win a couple and then beat him to show him that he doesn't get to win every time and that it's OK. There's a little whining, but seriously, he's 3 and it's already starting? Oh my.

    Sorry I missed the party! I love but am horrible at those scavenger hunt things: I promise I wouldn't have had to have "let" Darly beat me O:)

    As long as DH doesn't get a man purse, I'd say you're fine. :)

    And um, no, I cannot find clothes I like in my size it seems. It's ridiculous. I pretty much hate clothes shopping anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.. Yup I think they want us all to be ugly ;)

    ARGH It has taken me 20 tries to type your verification word! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only cute clothes I've found for myself is ROXY but it's so expensive! It is hard to find reasonable outfits!

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purse buying is a drag!

    I treated myself to a Coach purse when I sold my house, and it wasn't any better than the ones I get at Macys. I can't find one that looks good, keeps its shape, holds my stuf, and has a spot for the phone and iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purses are the bane of a woman's fashion happiness. lol! I have 3 nice coach purses that I don't use because I need to carry a huge sack I bought at Old Navy in order to have enough diapers and distractions on hand for my kids. Ha! I also tend to like sportier purses for everyday use, so I buy mine at REI or Erewhon or other outdoorsy stores. I have a Timbuk2 messenger bag that I adore, but don't use often lately since it only holds 3 diapers along with everything else I need to carry....

    I found your blog through An Island Life...I'll stick around. We're planning to homeschool, so it'll be nice to read some homeschool blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, that's a great name for a mommy blog...Diapers and Distractions....lol!

    ReplyDelete