Monday, April 14, 2008

no title

I don't know what to title this.

I know that I should go see my doctor, but I don't want to. I hate seeing the doctors. I'm not sick and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with me...I'm just getting older and should go for those yearly checkups...but honestly I don't do them yearly. It isn't that I'm afraid of what the doctor might find. I've always been healthy and anything that might have been a concern has turned out to be nothing. What I hate about seeing the doctor is the hassel of it. I mean first I have to figure out what to do with Darly. And then I have to find some time to go. And then I have to actually go...and put up with the doctor. I haven't yet found one that I got along with. I don't want medications...I want to be fixed.

That was soooooo not where I was going when I started this post. I was going to complain about how my cycle is getting shorter. But I'll save you all of that. Just know that the hormones are ruleing this body and brain for right now.

This morning I woke up to a very RUDE awakening. It seems that somehow the message board that I manage was set so that only the administrators could post a new threads. Well this morning was also when everyone was supposed to post stuff...so since they couldn't post it as a new thread...they posted everything as replies to a thread I had on there!!! YIKES! It took me forever it seemed to figure out where in the ADMIN functions of that silly board there was the one magic place to change so that they could post their new threads. And since I could post it had the NEW THREAD button showing for me. I should suggest on the help board that they make it so the ADMINs can see what the members see. I had to call and ask a member to tell me what she saw until I figured out where everything was at. oy! (and while I'm complaining here...the battery on my phone is dying!!!)

So after I fixed that little error, I got to cut and past ALL of the comments into their own threads. Then I had to go in and edit each one (add links and set the date for the class offered) then I had to put them on the events calendar. So I've had quite the fun morning... meanwhile Darly is still asleep.

We both stayed up very late last night. Me watching "Up Close and Personal" again and she reading. I was going to take her ice skating today (she has a lesson later) but I think she needs the sleep. Tonight we will retire much earlier.

Tomorrow is the big day... my baby Darly will reach double digits! April 15th 1998 Darly made her appearance (with the help of pitocin and a vacuume extractor!) and has graced this world ever since.

Unfortunately there won't be much of a party for her tomorrow. We have decided to hold her party on the 25th because she wants a Webkinz party and Webkinz is having an Extravaganza on the 25th...so we will take advantage of all the FREE Webkinz partying. LOL! Am I smart or what?

Thanks to everyone who stuck through all that post. no comments necessary...just send chocolate.

9 comments:

  1. Send me an address and I'll send you chocolate. I know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and happy birthday tomorrow to Darly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like to go to the doctor's either. You have to wait so long in a room full of other sick people. It almost gives me an anxiety attack!

    Kailani
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like docs either...but I go for a rule-out mammogram next week...my first...and I'm only 36. I can't help but be a nervous wreck...the what ifs make me crazy. Ain't it grand being a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Computers confound me! That being said...I totally get the closer cycles (yuck) now mine are getting farther and farther apart. sheesh! Happy almost birthday Darly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No comment on the doctors ;)

    I'll send you some chocolate!

    Happy Birthday Darly :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Darly!!!

    I don't like doctors either, but be a good girl and don't miss that yearly check-up... I am not familiar with those message boards but I am glad you are, lol.

    Pretend this comment tastes like chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sending some virtual chocolate cake - calorie free!

    I hate doctors, too. But those checkups really do benefit you. (that's my mom moment for the day.)

    Happy birthday to Darly tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry! I should have at least waited until you had the thing set up right, that way there would have been 7 less things to post!

    ReplyDelete